We are looking for a full stack WordPress/Shopify developer to join our team. We are a small but busy agency and quickly growing, and need an additional team member who is able to adapt to change and provides input to improve our methods and processes. We value effective communication, equal opportunities and a healthy work/life balance. This role will start as a part-time subcontractor role with potential for a full-time retainer or salaried position.
A successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience in a similar role and provide examples of their recent work. They will report to the company Owner/Creative Director and Project Manager. They will interact with our Marketing Coordinator and Graphic Designers. They will be expected to communicate via our Slack channel and keep their assignments up-to-date in our task management tool, Teamwork.
We primarily build websites using a custom WordPress framework utilizing ACF Pro, but occasionally have requests for projects using other CMS platforms such as Shopify and Lightspeed.
- Develop new websites based on design mockups
- Update and/or create new features on existing client websites
- Update website content
- Assist in the launch of new websites
- Troubleshoot website issues and provide solutions
- Communicate with internal team members
- Join occasional client and internal meetings via Zoom
- Manage assigned Tasks within Teamwork
- Provide status updates to Project Manager
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Extensive experience in WordPress development
- Experience with ACF Pro
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable and efficient
- Must be fluent in English
- Must have a reliable internet connection
- Must have own laptop/desktop computer with webcam and microphone
- Periodic bonuses
- Access to Spaces/Regus co-working space 4x per month
- Networking opportunities
Compensation will be based on experience and skill
Ready to apply?